What is the onboarding appointment?
Your onboarding appointment is a quick face-to-face interview with one of the Flexy team to verify your Right to Work in the UK. We will also be assessing suitability for the roles available on our app, so treat this like you would any other job interview. The appointment should last no more than 15 minutes. At present, due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, we are conducting onboarding appointments via video rather than face-to-face.
Please note we will not be able to complete your onboarding appointment if you are under the age of 18, or if you have a restriction on your weekly working hours (commonly seen on Tier 4 student visas).
What do I need to bring with me?
You will need to be in possession of your original Right to Work document(s) as detailed in the section below. Of course, any identification provided should match the details on your Flexy profile.
What documents do I need to provide to prove my right to work in the UK?
There are 5 types of identification that we are currently able to accept:
- UK passport (must have more than 6 months until expiry)
- EU passport (must have more than 6 months until expiry)
- Current Biometric Residence Permit (must have more than 6 months until expiry)
- Current UK Work Visa (must have more than 6 months until expiry)
- UK Birth Certificate - if choosing this option, you must bring proof of National Insurance Number and one form of photo ID with you to one of our checkpoints. Please note that short UK birth certificates (which do not contain details of either of the holder’s parents) are not acceptable documents for the purpose of a Right to Work check.
Several examples of acceptable Proof of National Insurance Number that you can bring to your appointment are:
- Your National Insurance card
- A P45 or P60 issued by a previous employer
- Any government issued letter stating your National Insurance Number
What happens if I arrive late for my appointment?
If you arrive late, you will have to wait until a checker becomes available. The checkers have a tight schedule, so its important to arrive on time otherwise you may not be seen at all, and will have to re-book your appointment.
What happens after my appointment?
Once your onboarding appointment has been completed, your application to join the Flexy community will be assessed by head office and if successful, your profile will be approved and fully activated within 2 working days. You’ll receive a notification to let you know. Once approved, your profile will be visible to Hirers, so you’ll need to ensure you have added a photo & personal statement.
What should I do if I can't see any checkpoints near me?
This means that we do not currently have checkpoints available in your area - we are working on expanding checkpoints nationwide, so stay tuned!
What do I do if there are no appointments available?
We’re really sorry if you find that you have a short wait for your appointment. Please just skip ahead in the in-app diary to view future appointments.